Aim of Project:
- To Exchange info, experiences and good practices among key stakeholders on meaningful involvement of patient organizations In EU-supported Heath Project EU and national level.
- To assess patient involvement in EU supported health-related projects.
- To encourage organizations’ involvement in ongoing projects.
- To develop resources on patient meaningful involvement.
- To re-affirm and activate the current political commitment to patients involvement.
Benefits of involvement:
- A broader and different perspective – the human aspect through patients’ experience, expertise.
- The appropriate issues are addressed.
- Knowledge of issues is more complete.
- Good practices are validated by patients being involved.
- Different objectives and more comprehensive results can be achieved.
- Patient involvement legitimizes results – patient organizations make the results more widely available.
- Communication becomes more patient-friendly.
- Added drive of patient groups to lobby for implementation and sustainability of project results – patient organizations have a powerful voice.
More information: www.eu-patient.eu