Aim of Project:
• To Exchange info, experiences and good practices among key stakeholders on meaningful involvement of patient organizations In EU-supported Heath Project EU and national level.
• To assess patient involvement in EU supported health-related projects.
• To encourage organizations’ involvement in ongoing projects.
• To develop resources on patient meaningful involvement.
• To re-affirm and activate the current political commitment to patients involvement.
Benefits of involvement:
• A broader and different perspective – the human aspect through patients’ experience, expertise.
• The appropriate issues are addressed.
• Knowledge of issues is more complete.
• Good practices are validated by patients being involved.
• Different objectives and more comprehensive results can be achieved.
• Patient involvement legitimises results – patient organisations make the results more widely available.
• Communication becomes more patient-friendly.
• Added drive of patient groups to lobby for implementation and sustainability of project results – patient organisations have a powerful voice.