• The European Patients’ Forum through its membership represents over 150 million patients – citizens and voters across the EU.
• The Patients’ Manifesto that we have developed with our members calls for vital new measures in three fundamental areas to improve the quality of health care delivered across the EU:
• Equal and timely access to safe, effective diagnosis, treatments and support
• Better information and resources for patients to be partners in determining their care
• A patients’ voice to be heard in Brussels and throughout the European Union
Our current health systems can be unfair, divisive and fail to put the patients’ perspective first. We believe all patients within the EU have a basic right to equal access to quality medical treatment, regardless of where they live, their status or their income.
• In our Patients’ Manifesto we call upon the political groups within the European Parliament, MEPs, prospective MEPs, national representatives in EU Member States, and the new Commission, to commit to the legitimate rights and needs of patients and to make our proposals their priority.